Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hello Baltimore!

This is your resident mean girl Amber Von Tussle!  Actually, it is Erin Driscoll who just plays the mean girl in Hairspray.  I have to tell you that I was OBSESSED with the original John Waters film when I was younger.  My dad used to take me to the video store (dating myself a bit here) and I would consistently pick out Hairspray.  Eventually, my dad got annoyed and told me I had to start picking something else.  Now, that is obsessed!  So, I must say that playing Amber in the musical Hairspray is pretty gosh darn cool.  I mean, who can forget that amazing zit scene from the movie??  I am posting the link below for your enjoyment…


Yesterday, we worked on Amber’s song in the second act, “Cooties”, and I have to say it is kind of fun being mean!  Hee hee!  Also, I am getting to dance more then I have in a long time.   It is taking me back to my days at Dollywood, where I played Sandy Schuster and got to dance on Buddy Baxter’s Bandstand USA.  Sound familiar?  Maybe this theme of the 1960s, TV shows and big hair is following me around?   Anyway, the people are amazingly talented, the choreography is ridiculously good and I think we have a great show on our hands.  If you do come see the show, remember that I only PLAY a mean girl on stage! I’m very sweet. Honest. Thanks! 

xo, 
Erin Driscoll

No comments:

Post a Comment