Tuesday, November 1, 2011

DAY 6 - Brought to you by Matt Conner

Today is November 1, 2011 or 11.1.11 and of course All Saints Day and the Saint of  our day today would be the one and only John Waters.  He is ground breaking, controversial and historic, which is a perfect combination for anything theatrical.  The one thing I absolutely love about being a part of Hairspray is all of the History. There’s so much history in this show.  It’s based on an actual incident that happened in Baltimore. There’s history in the music with sounds that take you back to the 60’s.  There’s history in the costumes and hair-do’s.  And nothing is more exciting than working on a show that evokes so much conversation about all of these things. And let’s not forget the historic “Madison” dance that actually started in Baltimore.  Today was my first glance at the “Madison” as we started rehearsal at 10 A.M.  for the Detention Scene.  In this scene I play the Principal of Patterson Park High and catch the kids dancing in detention hall.  Besides the Principal in the show, I also am Spritzer, the main sponsor for the Corny Collins Show and I of course am very excited about my character at the top of the show in the song “Good Morning Baltimore” , where I get to play the ”flasher”.  I don’t have to go back to rehearsal today because they are rehearsing things I’m not in, so I am going to spend the afternoon practicing my flashing, sponsoring and principal-ing.  Can’t wait for everyone to see this show!  Oh, and did I mention that the amazing Kirstin Riegler is playing Brenda?  Kirstin and I had an on again, off again sort of relationship in Sunset Blvd and I’m hoping Brenda and Spritzer might get to have a little reprise of the same. 
See you in Baltimore!
Matt Conner (Male Authority Figure)

No comments:

Post a Comment