Thursday, November 10, 2011

A First Time Blogger

It's Sherri Edelen here, blogging for the first time in my life!!  Yesterday in rehearsal we learned You Can't Stop the Beat which is a big ol' number to block.  It's the end of the show.  We learned different movement patterns this morning.  I stood in the back with Robert Aubrey and tried to learn the combination, until those dreaded words... "change the lines"!  That means the ones in front have to move to the back and vice versa.  But we made it through until lunch time.  Then we came back and tried to incorporate scene work within the song.  We kept going and almost made it to the end when Erin Driscoll Gardiner and I enter.  Then we were released for the day.  So there was a lot of sitting around and waiting this afternoon. 

I had to keep my cell phone on in the rehearsal room yesterday as my Mom was taken to the ER and I wanted to be sure to hear if my family called me with an update.  So in many ways it was good that I wasn't used much yesterday.  I had my Mom weighing on my mind.  Plus this weekend, my husband, Tom and I go to his nieces wedding.  I am making 25 pies for the event.  Yes she doesn't want wedding cake, just wedding pie.  So 5 apple, 5 strawberry rhubard, 5 pecan, 5 pumpkin and 5 buttermilk will be baked starting today.  I guess that tells you where my mind will be today.



Sherri rehearsing Miss Baltimore Crabs


No comments:

Post a Comment