Wednesday, November 2, 2011

DAY SEVEN - A day with our star

Let me start by saying I could not be more excited to play Tracy Turnblad in this production of Hairspray! This whole process has been so surreal. I've only lived in DC for a few weeks and I have never felt so welcome in any other place as I do here. The theatre scene out here is astonishing, and Signature is certainly no exception. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have been given this opportunity to work with such incredible people. Everyone who gets the chance to see this show is definitely in for a real treat. Things are coming along so great, I think we actors even surprise ourselves sometimes! Today was another jam-packed day of rehearsal; ponying, mashed potato-ing, and singing our faces off. I wouldn't have it any other way! So grab your saddle shoes, tease your hair, practice your 'Potato Chip' and Welcome to the 60's!

-Carolyn

1 comment: