Friday, November 11, 2011

And the Beat Goes On...


Lucky me! I got tagged and I'm "it".  Hi, I'm Kara-Tameika Watkins, and I'm playing Pearl in the Motormouth Gang and a Dynamite.  I feel that I am the luckiest person in world.  This is my fourth production of Hairspray.  I had the good fortune of being in the Las Vegas production with many of the original cast members (including Harvey Fierstein and Dick Latessa), the regional premier of the show, and again last summer!  Do I get tired of it?  Never! This is one of my favorite shows, and I hope to do this until my knees give out! 
 
Needless to say, you will be amazed by this cast!  You have Sherri L. Edelen as Velma (Diva), Nova Payton as Motormouth (Fierce), Stephen Gregory Smith as Corny (You will fall in love), Erin Driscoll as Amber (she's a meany and a hottie), Patrick Cragin and James Hayden Rodriguez as Link and Seaweed (double hotties) and Lauren Williams as Penny (cute and funny), Harry Winter (charming), and anything with Matt Conner and Lynn Neal is bound to be a joyride.
 
The show also boasts one of the most talented and good looking ensembles ever put together.  The kids are dancing and singing their faces off!  Of course, I can't sign off without mentioning the stars of our show - Carolyn Cole as Tracy, and Robert Aubrey Davis as Edna.   What can I say about Carolyn?  She is so endearing and lovable as Tracy.  You just want to get up and dance with her!  Robert Aubrey makes you wish his Edna was your mom.
 
We just finished staging the last number of the show yesterday and believe me, by the end of this ride you will want to get back on again and again!  So let's get this party started and spray it again!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment